Depending on whom you ask, an amateur will tell you that a suction pipe is nothing more than a tube that sucks the fluid at one end and disposes it at another. But a mechanical master will assure you that it might be one of the most critical yet underrated component of a pumping operation.
Suction pipes are very crucial to an efficient pumping system for securing proper transportation of liquids. The process of suction-pumping creates a partial vacuum that draws fluid into a hollow space, which is then conveyed through suction pipes. It is essential to choose an industry-specific, high-quality suction pump and mind the calculations of sizing of the pipe and friction loss while setting a pumping system.
Uses of Suction Pipes
- Suction pipes are widely used in agricultural equipment for suction and delivery of freshwater and seawater. They are also used for fertilization and irrigation purposes.
- Food industries use special food-grade suction pipes in manufacturing units for carrying and distributing raw materials, liquids, and semi-solid ingredients. These pipes are designed to not react with food constituents they carry. These pipes are absolutely safe for handling raw components as well as ready-made food products.
- They are also applied in chemical manufacturing for suction and distribution of chemicals like acids, alkalis, and byproducts. The chemical suction pipes are non-corrosive and specifically designed to not react with chemicals.
- Oil and mining industries use temperature and pressure-resistant suction pipes to siphon crude petroleum and to transport petrochemical products.
- Suction pumps are also equipped to pull sludge, water, and slit from the mines. These suction pipes possess exceptional tensile strength to endure high stress.
- These pipes can also be used for sewer sludge extraction, dispensing cement mixture, vapor ducting, and powder ducting.
Kasta, the leading manufacturer of suction pipes in India are renowned for long-lasting products. Kasta pipes are durable and made of non-corrosive PVC material with spiral wires embedded in order to obtain stronger suction pipes while keeping the flexibility intact. The inner walls of the Kasta suction pipes are extra smoothened. Smooth walls prevent the fluids from brushing against the wall and minimize the friction caused by the flow. There is an additional benefit to smoothened walls. When the stream doesn’t cause friction, residue does not accumulate on the inner wall. When there are no deposits on the inner walls, the pipe works efficiently for long years.
Kasta suction pipes are industry-specific and offer a wide array of usage for both domestic and commercial purposes. These pipes can be applied to conventional as well as ultra-modern pumping systems. Kasta suction pipes are suitable for agricultural use,. If you are looking for a highly enduring alternative that will work efficiently and last for years, Kasta suction pipe will serve you well.