There is no doubt that a big part of making any home or office building liveable and comfortable is its plumbing! Ask anyone who is struggling with leaks and mouldy walls, and you will know that even one poorly fitted or low-quality pipe can cause extensive damage and long term trouble for homeowners or office goers.
The best way to ensure that your building remains leakproof is to use the best UPVC pipes. Due to their cost-effectiveness and durability, plastic UPVC pipes have become the gold standard for plumbing work across the globe.
What are UPVC pipes, and how are they used?
UPVC plumbing pipes are made of Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride a low maintenance and low-cost material that is widely used in buildings for distribution of potable water, or water transfer in bathrooms, kitchens, sink, laboratories, etc. UPVC pipes are also used for water supply through tube wells and overhead tanks in complexes, houses, offices, hotels, hospitals, public places; for the transport of saltwater in industries or production lines in industries such as sugar, paper, etc.
Let’s look at their many benefits more closely –
- Strength and Durability – UPVC pipes have high tensile and impact strength which make them a long-lasting solution for all types of plumbing needs. They are flexible and have excellent bendability which makes them ideally suited for handling during construction and also during events like earthquakes. UPVC pipes are also rustproof and UV resistant, which, along with their flexibility, makes them incredibly long-lasting.
- Non-toxic – the UPVC material is entirely stable and non-reactive and can withstand temperature up to 60°C. This makes it an ideal medium for carrying potable and other types of water.
- Easy to install and lightweight – UPVC pipes weigh a fraction of the weight of metal pipes. This lightweight feature makes it easy to handle, transport and install.
- Cost-effective – They weight makes them cheaper to handle, transport, and reduces labour costs during installation. Also, the material itself is much more affordable to produce as compared to metal.
- Leak-resistant – UPVC pipes come in varying lengths which make it easier for construction workers to minimise the number of joints. This keeps chances of leakage to the minimum. It requires no welding or metalwork as joint fittings are attached and sealed with solvent cement.
- Maximum Flow – UPVC pipes have a smooth inside surface which minimises friction inside the pipe and guarantees free and fast flow of water.
Kasta Pipes is one of the leading UPVC Pipes manufacturers in India. We have been manufacturing a wide range of plastic pipes, fittings, sheets, cables and more for over 30 years. To know more about our range of UPVC pipes, do continue to browse our website for information on the various sizes and fittings available for home and office plumbing needs or just pick up the phone and talk to our representative.