HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) PLB (Permanently Lubricated) DUCT PIPE also commonly known as fiber duct pipe is a perfect laying system for telecommunications. These pipes are high flow capacity ducts that are highly suitable options for underground laying of optical fibers cables (OFC). These fiber duct pipes are used for laying and protecting the optical fiber cable underground and work as a conduit for the optical cables. These pipes or ducts are manufactured with very high-density Polyethylene materials, which offers very high resistance against loads under the earth’s surface and so tough that it is impact and crush resistant, keeping the delicate and very sensitive cables inside heavily protected and safe.
These pipes are manufactured in various colors and sizes like red, blue, green, orange, brown and gray that are the most commonly used colors in the manufacturing of the PLB ducts. These pipes are also manufactured in various sizes according to their usage and demand. These pipes may also be tailor-made according to the requirements of the client which is quite a good flexibility given to the clients.
The HDPE PLB Duct pipe or the fiber duct pipe has its advantages which will enable the pipes to go on in the market for a long time. Let us look into some advantages by taking these pipes into use:
1. Availability of these pipes in various sizes and colors gives the client a good variety to choose from according to his needs and demands.
2. The pipe offers excellent flexibility too.
3. The impact strength and its capacity to bear a lot of brunts, has made it the favorite with likes of telecommunication sector for underground laying of delicate optical fibers.
4. Due to varied applications of the pipe in varied fields of telecommunication and data handling the future of this type of pipe seems bright as the world is today dependent on data and communication. The toughness of this pipe outside and the smoothness inside makes it the perfect pipe for housing sensitive wire and delicate cables used for modern-day data transfer and telecommunications.
Let us also look into the inherent characteristics of the pipe which makes it so suitable for delicate handling that too under loads of earth pressure. The quality of these pipes has made them stand out in the sectors of telecommunication and data transfer, where wires and cables carry information that is important for daily routine life as well as high-end scientific researches.
1. ESCR (Environmental Stress Crack Resistance) is quite a prominent advantage of using these pipes.
2. Resistance to impact is of great importance as these pipes are mostly used to lay underground cable and wire layouts by serving as a conduit for the delicate and sensitive cables and wires.
3. Highly resistant to sudden impact with heavy loads and will not crush easily. This is also of immense importance as sudden loads on the surface of the earth could put a lot of load on the pipe suddenly and cause it to be crushed.
4. The smooth finish inside with very low coefficient of frictions which is eminent in its type PLB (permanently lubricated) for easy insertion of wires and cable through them for long distances under the earth. This quality is very important as the frictionless character helps the installers to get a larger area of laying covered in a shorter time.
5. The type of wire and cables a Fiber Duct Pipe is supposed to carry may be highly sensitive, fragile and delicate so the pipe itself needs to be highly sturdy and resistant to most of the environmental conditions. Temperature is one such external factor that can affect the things inside the pipe so it is of great value that the Fiber duct pipe is very temperature resistant.
6. The product is made with high-quality materials and with a process that helps it to resist cracking in most conditions.
7. The light-weight nature of the pipes gives another advantage to it in ease of handling along with its lubricant surfaces.
8. With its resistance to chemically react with water it can be easily cleaned with water.
9. UV protection of high level for the material the conduit is carrying.
The above-mentioned inherent qualities of a Fiber duct pipe make it the most suitable conduit in the underground laying of wires and cables may it be just under a sidewalk or between cities.
In short, the PLB FIBER DUCT, a pre-lubricated, robust, lightweight, and easy maintenance conduit that has stood all the expectations of industries that have delicate and sensitive information and data to be transferred through cabling.