When it comes to Industrial uses, pipes are generally used to convey a broad category of fluids and solid materials. With each different type of material comes unique requirements of strength and durability, which is precisely why industrial pipes come in a variety of different sizes, materials and features.
Pipe with both flexible and rigid tubing is used in industries as varied as energy, construction, and for many civil infrastructure applications. And depending on the application and the type of material it transports, these are made from different materials such as aluminium, brass, bronze, carbon or graphite, ceramic, clay, concrete, CPVC, iron, PVC, etc.
In this article, we will specifically look at the 5 most widely used pipes made for industrial solutions pertaining to fiber optic or copper cables by Kasta pipes –
A pre-lubricated (PLB) duct design, FiBERDUCT has a robust inner lubricant ‘Silk layer” coextruded with HDPE, which reduces friction and enhances performance. This cable is a preferred choice for many functions in industries such as telecom, Infrastructure, oil & gas, CATV and network builders.
- It provides protection against aerodynamic heating
- It has added Ultraviolet (UV) Protection and also contains anti-termite & anti rodent properties
Designed for aerial installation of fiber optic micro cable, the FiBERF8 is a great way to counter right of way (ROW) issues in buried installations.
- Reduces installation time and cost of deployment
- Protects suspended cables from environmental degradations
- It comes with an extra UV protection feature
Specially designed for telecom companies, FiBERFLY has an internal ribbed duct design that ensures blowing at an extra distance. It’s unique design and geometry produces a specific “suction effect” that multiples the pulling force and makes the optical fiber cable float in the HDPE Duct with enhanced velocity.
- The special Kasta design reduces the stress on the optic fiber, which translates into more durable cables and hence reduced cable losses
- Robust long haul design means less maintenance and lower operational expenditure
- Long-distance blowing also leads to less coupling, less network deployment time which in turn leads to more cost-effective network buildup
When it comes to bury and forget tracing technology, FiBERiTRACK’s design can pinpoint where ever the duct is buried. It comes with an in-built +/- 3m accuracy GPS antenna system that links to the receiver via Bluetooth. The GPS can produce real-time reports and can guide the user to the point of interest by highlighting his/her position on the graph.
- It offers precise duct coordinates
- Can be used to cross-check on best practices for buried installations
- These pipes come with weatherproof jointing connecters
Hailed as the next generation micro duct design, FiBERWAYS is an excellent choice for in-building & direct micro cable installations for FTTH networks. In Kasta’s FiBERWAYS many micro ducts are bundled together, creating dedicated multiple pathways for fiber optic cables.
- It provides a massive enhancement of network traffic speed
- Does not need deep trenches for installation
- It comes with anti-termite, anti-rodent and ultraviolet (UV) protection which ensures a longer life span.
- Also includes GPS duct locating system.
For more details on the various sizes and our range of accessories, do get in touch.